The council offers two annual awards:
These awards can be presented annually at the fall conference. These awards are not necessarily presented every year. Any nominations may be sent to the past president, Joy de Nance, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ECEC Grant is subject to budget approval at the annual general meeting and the recipient will be awarded a grant up to $1000 to assist in research or innovative classroom programming in early childhood education. The applications for the award can be sent via letter to the past president, Joy de Nance, at email@example.com. The grant recipient will receive half of the grant at the beginning of the research or classroom project and the other half upon completion. This money can be used for materials, release time or any other worthwhile component of the research or classroom project. The recipient will be linked with an executive member who will follow and support the recipients progress over the course of the year. The following criteria must be met in order to be awarded the grant:
- Be a current member of ECEC
- Deadline for applications must be received by May 1st of each year.
- proposed research should adhere to the educational philosophy as outlined by the ECEC position papers found at Barnett House as well as on our website.
- Proposals with school support are encouraged. This support could take the form of matching funding, teacher preparation time, administrative recognition.
- The grant recipient must be willing to share what they have learned with the ECEC members via at least one of the following mediums: an ECEC journal article, conference presentation, or regional workshop.