The Advocate for Young Children Award
This award recognizes the contributions of either a member or non member who has shown to be a advocate for young children on a provincial and regional levels.
The ECEC Distinguished Service Award
This award is presented to a member of the organization who has contributed to the field of early childhood education by exemplifying the ECEC philosophy for their career as a leader in the field of Early Childhood.
These awards are presented annually at the spring conference but are not necessarily presented every year. Please submit any nominations by January 30, 2020.
The ECEC Grant is subject to budget approval at the annual general meeting and the recipient will be awarded a grant up to $1000 to assist in research or innovative classroom programming in early childhood education. The applications for the award can be sent via letter to the past president, Danielle Kowalchyk at email@example.com The grant recipient will receive half of the grant at the beginning of the research or classroom project and the other half upon completion. This money can be used for materials, release time or any other worthwhile component of the research or classroom project. The recipient will be linked with an executive member who will follow and support the recipients progress over the course of the year. The following criteria must be met in order to be awarded the grant:
- Be a current member of ECEC
- Deadline for applications must be received by May 1st of each year.
- proposed research should adhere to the educational philosophy as outlined by the ECEC position papers found at Barnett House as well as on our website.
- Proposals with school support are encouraged. This support could take the form of matching funding, teacher preparation time, administrative recognition.
- The grant recipient must be willing to share what they have learned with the ECEC members via at least one of the following mediums: an ECEC journal article, conference presentation, or regional workshop.